JETAA Wellington’s annual Japan Photo Contest is back for another year! The contest is open to any amateur photographers who have been to Japan.
Since 2014, we have organised a community photo contest for people to show off their best photos of Japan. The best entries are displayed in the Japan Information & Cultural Centre (JICC) , and voted on by the public. At the end, we host a small awards ceremony with food and drinks to announce the winners and present prizes.
You can check out last year’s finalists here.
2018 ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN
This year’s categories are:
- Pop Culture
- Postcards from JETs (only for current JET Programme participants)
You are free to interpret the categories however you like.
Download and fill in an entry form below and email it along with your photo(s) to JETAA Wellington by Sunday, 4 November 2018.
- General public entry form – You can enter one photo in each category (Pop Culture, Places, Pets)
- Current JETs entry form – You can enter up to two photos under the Postcards From JETs category
We will select 10 photos from each category for public display and voting at the JICC, between 14 – 30 November.
Winners will be announced on the evening of 4 December at the JICC.
- The winner of each category (Pop Culture, Places, Pets) will receive a printed canvas of their winning photo, plus a $50 restaurant voucher
- The runner up for each category (Pop Culture, Places, Pets) will receive is a $30 restaurant voucher
- The winner of the Postcards from JETs category will receive a special Kiwi care package full of things from home